SCCYC Waterside-Connect Centre
SCCYC’s Community Hub, the ‘Waterside-Connect Centre’ on St James Mill Road is near completion. The Centre is centrally located in the Waterside Enterprise Zone and serves residents from inner Town Centre, St James Ward, Castle Ward, as well as Sikh Community and BME communities of Northamptonshire. Most of our beneficiaries reside in the lowest 10% indices for multiple deprivation: poverty, health inequality and migration challenges.
Our services have been developed with internal and external stakeholder consultation and involvement. Our stakeholders have requested the expansion and tailoring of existing services for an all-round approach under one roof:
- SCCYC Support and Poverty Service
- Punjabi Fusion Catering Enterprise
- Waterside-Connect Health & Fitness Centre
- Waterside-Connect Education & Training Centre
- Sikh Heritage & Arts Centre
Waterside Connect – New Community Hub
SCCYC’s new Community Hub ‘Waterside-Connect Centre’ on St James Mill Road is successfully being developed. The development will take a phased approach with completion expected in September 2019.
- Thank you to the ‘National Lottery Fund’ for their support of £140,000 capital development grant towards SCCYC’s ‘Waterside-Connect Outreach Project’. This includes reception, 1/3 kitchen, multi-hall and poverty bank. Plus a Revenue grant of £25,000 towards Development Manager Salary.
- Huge thank you to ‘Sport England’ for supporting the Community Gym ‘Waterside-Connect Health & Fitness Centre’.
- Huge Thank you to Weston Anniversary Fund’ for their support towards ‘Waterside-Connect Education & Training Centre’.